Fun Foolery on a Flashback Friday!



"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler

For this week's Flashback Friday, I found this gem of a photo from about (gulp) 33 years ago! Our sweet boy "Sandy" was a "German Shepherd/Chow" mix, or so the local SPCA card said on the kennel door of an adorable little round golden ball of fluff with a pot belly who I instantly fell in love with! While I grew up with many dogs, Sandy was the first dog my husband and I had as a married couple. Sandy loved to ride in the back of my husband's pickup, hide in the piles of laundry in our first apartment as Mr. & Mrs., enjoy bubble baths in a bucket, and was such a gentle boy. I really did not see Chow in Sandy, and sometimes wonder if he didn't have Husky in there somewhere. He sort of looked like a beige version of my white boy, Wolf, but with beautiful brown eyes instead of Wolf's beautiful blue eyes. This photo my hubby took of me and Sandy goofing around while he was doing some outdoor construction at our first home. Sandy grew up into the beautiful dog above and fell in love with my daughter when she was born six years later. Sandy was the first dog my daughter ever met and loved. I even won a photo contest from M&Ms of the both of them together, heartily laughing as only a young child and dog can. I'll have to find that photo for another Flashback Friday! We eventually lost Sandy at age 13 when he developed tumors on his chest, which were drained and bandaged, but only came back with a vengeance and we had to let Sandy cross the Rainbow Bridge. But he will always be my family's first beautiful, wonderful boy.


Update on Hu-Nanny, Harley and Gibson 

Yikes! I'm late to my own Flashback Friday blog hop this week! As many of you know, my 94-year-old mother has been in a health crisis for the past several weeks, and after being hospitalized for a week, she was transferred to a rehab facility. As to whether or not she can return home or will be permanently taking up residence at the facility is still unknown. Right now she has good days followed by bad days followed by good days. Sometimes a bad and a good day all in one! I am the only sibling here for her and visit every day. Right now, wheeling her outside on nice days into the courtyard and sharing iced coffees (or a vanilla shake for Mom!) are highlights to our visits.Then my boy Gibson became very ill, and thankfully, he has recuperated, followed by our Harley girl having another very serious flare of her nearly hemorrhagic gastroenteritis (HGE). She's on meds and rest and is starting to feel herself. I've learned "slow-and-easy" is my current motto. Currently, I am trying to keep things as calm as can be, but with an elderly loved one in a healthcare facility, we all know that "calm" is subject to change at a moment's notice. Meanwhile, I am trying to get back into my blogging and social media as much as I can with all that is going on. I have lots to catch up on, and lots of great news to share, so please stay tuned and bear with me through the delays. My "The Sibe Vibe" Dog Works Radio show will return in September with all new episodes as well. In the mean time, you can check out past episodes HERE or on iTunes under Dog Works Radio, "The Sibe Vibe."  

I do want to thank everyone from the very bottom of my heart for all of your kind thoughts, prayers, notes, texts, and positive vibes. They mean the world to us!

A Storm Crosses the Bridge

We here at FiveSibes are dedicating today's blog post in memory of beautiful "Storm" and we send out heartfelt condolences to Sue, Steve, and the entire White Dog Army from White Dog Diary as their beautiful Storm recently earned her angel wings. Our FiveSibes send soft woos to guide her on her journey to the Rainbow Bridge. Run free, sweet girl. You will always remain in the hearts of those who loved you. (Remembrance image created by Ann of Zoolatry).



Flashback Fridays are brought to you by us - the FiveSibes - and our co-host, Love is being owned by a Husky, each Friday. We hope you'll find a photo or video from Memory Lane, post it, and link up to our blog hop each week! If you don't catch it on Friday, you can link up any time during the week! To catch our past Flashbacks, just enter "Flashback Friday" in the search box! We hope you'll come join us!



Comments

  1. Poor sweet Storm. Rest easy pup.
    I do hope your mom is able to get out of the facility Dorothy.
    BTW - that is a beautiful photo!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jenna...I sure hope so, too.
      And thanks for the photo like! Talk about a blast from the past!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acupressure and Ice to Relieve Seizures and A #LiveGibStrong Epi-Tip

#PrayersForHarley - Dewclaw Tumor

The Rainbow Bridge Welcomes A New FurAngel - Buddy, the Christmas Husky - A Forever Symbol of Hope for Rescued Dogs

Fit For Our #FiveSibes Alpha Queen: Celebrating Harley's 14½ Birthday

Preparing Your Epi-Dog For The Solar Eclipse